Is Your Leaky Faucet Keeping You Awake At Night?
Common Causes of Leaky Faucets
Most faucets see a lot of daily use, especially in kitchens and master bathrooms, and this use can wear on the faucet over time. Whether you are having trouble with your kitchen or bathroom faucet, tub or shower faucet, or washroom sink faucet, we can help. These are some of the most common causes of leaky faucets:
- O Ring – The O Ring is the rubber ring on the valve stem of the faucet handle. If the O Ring is worn or damaged, it will not provide a proper seal.
- Valve Seat – The valve seat is a handle component that rubs up against the washer each time you turn the faucet on or off. Because of this consistent friction, these components can wear out over time.
- Washer – The washer is a rubber component that rubs against the valve seat when the faucet is used. With time and use, these components can wear out. But it’s not just a worn washer that can cause problems – we frequently find improperly sized or installed washers. If the washer is not installed properly or sized correctly, leaks are inevitable.
- Seals & Sediment – Seals on your faucet can be negatively impacted by sediment buildup, rendering them ineffective. In these situations, simply having the sediment removed can repair the leak.
- Damaged Pipes – In some situations, pipes can crack or break, which can impact water pressure and cause a faucet to drip or leak.
Whatever the cause of your leaky faucet, we can help. We can even install a brand new faucet, if needed. With Stadler Plumbing & Heating on the job, you can rest assured you will receive the most professional and reliable service possible.
We’re Just A Phone Call Away
If you live in the greater Detroit area and have a leaky faucet in your home, give Stadler Plumbing & Heating a call! Our marked company trucks are stocked with faucet components from a variety of manufacturers. Whatever the cause of your leaky faucet problems, you can count on our licensed and insured master plumbers to promptly resolve the issue. Call us at 586-803-1200 or click here today!
We also specialize in outdoor faucet repair and installation – click here to learn more!
Whether you need a new sink or a replacement, we do all kinds of sink installations for the kitchen, bath and laundry room. Count on Stadler Plumbing for satisfying service.